SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Vann, Ashton: Bucket List


            My bucket list includes personal and professional tasks. I am aware that death comes to everyone. I look forward to the future and the things I have the potential to accomplish. After completing medical school, I intend to set up a family practice clinic in this area. When my practice is well established I hope to take my talents abroad to help the less fortunate. Personal wishes include swimming with dolphins as well as visiting Germany and Egypt.

            Many children in third world countries are forced to live a poor quality of life by none of their own doing. I hope to be able to set up a life long partnership with a village in need in Africa. Yearly visits, phone communication, and funding for basic medical supplies can greatly improve childrens quality of life.

            Since I was a little girl dolphins have been a source of fascination. Their sonar communication is very interesting. My main reason for wanting to visit a tropical destination is to see these animals up close in their habitat.

            My boyfriend and I share a love of history and historic locations. We plan to visit concentration camps and museums relating to WWII in Germany. I would also like to visit the Pyramids at Giza.

            Although my bucket list is relatively short I have wishes I must be at home for. At 19 years old I am looking forward to marrying the man of my dreams and starting a family. Those wishes are put on hold until I complete all of my education. My boyfriend is supportive of my education and I believe we can stand the test of time. Later in life I will be able to look back on this paper and hopefully have fond memories of the dreams that came true.

No comments:

Post a Comment