SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Bucket List: Leah Weaver

 

    • Buy my own car 
    • Become a nurse 
    • Travel by plane  
    • Travel by helicopter  
    • Travel out of the country  
    • Travel over seas 
    • Take my parents on an extravagant vacation 
    • Become financially stable  
    • Graduate college with a 3.5+ 
    • Go on a mission trip 

I believe that my morals point towards where my hopes and aspirations lie. I want to become the best and most successful version of myself I can. This is for the sake of me and other people I will be taking care of in the Nursing workforce. The whole reason I want to pursue and career in nursing is because I have a love for taking care of other people. 

 

I also have a passion for math and science, specifically anatomy. I would like to take care of others overseas and provide services and minister to those in need with my education too. It will be heartwarming to give back to less fortunate communities. This will allow me to help others while also living out my dream to travel.  

 

On a side note, I have also never been on an airplane. My parents always believed that it was cheaper to just drive where we wanted to go considering we have always stayed within the United States. I also have never been on a helicopter. I also want to travel the world and see as much of it as possible while I am still young, hopefully through traveling nursing. Travel nursing while I am young will help me reach my goal to be financially stable because wages tend to be higher for travel nurses. 

 

It will be a long road to graduation to gain this degree. To reach these goals, I will need to maintain good grades throughout my college career like I have done in high school. The reason I want to be financially stable enough to give back to my parents is because they have kept me motivated in my schooling. My parents are the whole reason I have made it this far and they deserve a nice vacation in return (also because they have taken me to Disney world before.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment