SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, October 5, 2023

Bucket List: Haley Stone

Southern Arkansas University has been on my bucket list for quite the time. I always wanted to go to college, and I’ve always had a plan for what I might want to do with my future.  As of now, my bucket list items are based upon the next five to ten years of my life.

 

        My main focus right now is to graduate college with my Bachelors in Exercise Science Pre-Physical Therapy. Preferably with honors, and on my expected graduation year. I hold very high standards for myself, especially when it comes to my education. I would love to continue holding that status.

 

        After graduation, I intend on furthering my education in Conway, Arkansas. There, I hope to obtain my Doctor of Physical Therapy degree. Between the two colleges, I hope to get an internship to gain more knowledge in my field. This would help me tremendously by showing that I have experience after I receive my degree.

 

        Once I become a Physical Therapist, I hope to buy my first house. I want to be financially independent. I am strongly set on being able to provide for myself. I hope to also buy my first car. I have always wanted a Jeep!

No comments:

Post a Comment