SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Bucket List: David Scott

 

Life is full of surprises. Though, we can experience many life-changing events all in one life. After completing my education, there is so much I want to do, however, I only have one chance to do it. My bucket may not contain much, but it is a start.

First and foremost, I want to take a trip to Japan. Since I am big into anime, I wanted to visit Japan and look at its beautiful scenery. I have heard that Japan is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. I also want to learn about the history of the samurai. Ever since playing Ghost of Tsushima, an excellent video game, I enjoyed how the developers told the story of the lone samurai saving his island. This has sparked my interest in learning the cultural elements of the samurai.

Next, the dream of being on the national E-Sports team has been one of the main tasks on my bucket list. Playing video games is one of my hobbies, and looking at other pro players inspired me to pursue my dream. I love the action and fun these players experience while playing video games.

Last but not least, I would like to help my parents pay off their debt. Life can be difficult, and having debt is no different. When I get a good-paying job, I would like to save enough money to help pay everything for my parents. I want them to spend the rest of their lives without worrying about debt.

Even if this list is short, there will be more items added to my list. Since I am just a freshman in college, there are many wonderful things I have yet to explore. I will be looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment