SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, November 20, 2023

Bucket List: Ryan Druin

As a student-athlete at SAU, I find myself driven by a set of ambitious goals that I am committed to achieving throughout my time here, both as a freshman and over the entirety of my college journey. In my first year, my aspirations include securing a coveted spot on the traveling team, a goal that not only speaks to my dedication to the sport but also to my desire to represent the university at a competitive level. Concurrently, I am steadfast in my commitment to academic excellence, aiming to maintain a 3.5 GPA or higher by the end of the academic year. Balancing the demands of athletics and academics is undoubtedly challenging, but I believe that with discipline and a strategic approach, I can successfully navigate this dual commitment. 

 

Looking beyond my freshman year, I have set my sights on a broader objective – obtaining a degree in business. This long-term goal aligns with my vision for a successful career post-graduation. I see my time at SAU as an invaluable opportunity to equip myself with the knowledge and skills necessary to thrive in the business world. By channeling my efforts into both my athletic and academic pursuits, I aim to position myself for success not only within the university's walls but also in the professional landscape that awaits me upon graduation. Through meticulous planning and unwavering dedication, I am confident that I can turn these aspirations into tangible achievements. 

 

In pursuit of these ambitions, I recognize the need for a well-defined game plan and a daily commitment to excellence. The path to success is paved with hard work, and I am prepared to put in the necessary effort to ensure that I am not only meeting but exceeding my goals. As I progress through my college journey, I am confident that the skills and experiences gained both on and off the field will shape me into a well-rounded individual ready to face the challenges of the world beyond academia. In essence, my time at SAU serves as a crucial chapter in my personal and professional development, laying the foundation for a future where I am not only prepared to take on the world but to make a lasting impact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment