SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sorsby, Taryn: Bucket List


In this day and age, we all mostly get what we want. Instant gratification is one of the worst, or best (depending on what your outlook is), things characterizing our generation. If hungry, we go to Taco Bell. Starving for entertainment? We look no further than the World Wide Web. But there are certain things we cannot have immediately. There are things we have to build up to, and sometimes, wait most of our life for. We can either shrug them off or embrace them, and try to make sure we fulfill them before we die. Below are just a few of the tasks I wish to accomplish before I perish.


  1. I’ve always wanted a tattoo. I can’t seem to remember a time I haven’t wanted one. I don’t know what the design will be, and can’t be certain where I’ll have it done. But it will be well thought through and elegant. I’m resisting instant gratification because I’d prefer to have a marvelous piece rather than a dandelion that ends up looking like a lopsided orange cloud.
  2. While watching House Hunters International, I witnessed what appeared to be the most beautiful European country I’d ever seen; it was Slovenia. It borders Italy, Hungary, Austria, Croatia, and the Alps run through it. Slovenia called to me and I vowed that I would go there one day.
  3. I would also like to own an exotic pet. I gravitate towards the toyger, a domesticated cat bred to look like a tiger. Unfortunately, a kitten can cost around $3,000. So, sadly, it is unlikely that I’ll be buying one soon.
  4. Everyone has their idea of a dream house. A large portion of my bucket list is dedicated to the procuring of my own dream home. Things that will make this home ideal for me are the presence of a book wall, a secret study, an infinity edge pool, a claw foot bathtub, and lastly a ball pit. The items might be childish or extreme, but that’s why it’s a dream home.

No comments:

Post a Comment